Apartment fire kills woman: Lit cigarette possible cause

Apartment fire kills woman: Lit cigarette possible cause

MONTREAL — A 73−year−old woman is dead following a fire Tuesday morning in an apartment building in northwest Montreal.

Firefighters were called to the building in the Pierrefonds district just before 2 a.m. and evacuated hundreds of people.

The woman’s body was found in her apartment, where the fire started, possibly due to a lit cigarette.

There was no one else in the apartment and the fire was quickly extinguished.

No one was injured during the evacuation and residents were later allowed to return to their units.

The Canadian Press

Categories: News

About Author

Write a Comment

Only registered users can comment.