Case of Quebecer charged with murder in ex-girlfriend’s death put off until May 30

Case of Quebecer charged with murder in ex-girlfriend’s death put off until May 30

SAINT-HYACINTHE, Que. — The case of a Quebec man charged with first-degree murder in his ex-girlfriend’s slaying has been put off until May 30.

Anthony Pratte-Lops has changed lawyers and his new attorney says she still has not received most of the evidence.

Marie-Eve D’Anjou says she needs several weeks to get up to speed in the case.

Pratte-Lops is charged in the death of 18-year-old Daphne Huard-Boudreault.

She died in hospital on March 22 after she was attacked in a home the couple had shared in Mont-St-Hilaire, about 45 kilometres southeast of Montreal.

Pratte-Lops was arrested at the scene.

A police watchdog agency is investigating the actions of local police amid reports Huard-Boudreault feared Pratte-Lops and that authorities weren’t much help to her.

Public Security Minister Martin Coiteux said last month the investigation is necessary given the different versions raised in the media about the way local police handled the case.

The Canadian Press

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….……………………………The_Quebec_Book_cover_Promo_small

Would you like to support a project based right here in Quebec?

This book is being co-authored by two people who are passionate about Quebec and everything it has to offer. One of the authors moved to the region some years ago while the other was born and raised in Quebec.

The Québec Book is a unique guide for anyone interested in learning about Quebec culture and the language spoken here. You could be someone visiting Québec, planning to move to Québec, or already living here. Or maybe you’re a native English speaker, a native French speaker, or a speaker of any other language for that matter.

Pre-Order The Québec Book Now and Receive a Bonus!

Categories: News

About Author

Write a Comment

Only registered users can comment.