Loto-Quebec cancels betting on future of U.S. President Donald Trump’s presidency

Loto-Quebec cancels betting on future of U.S. President Donald Trump’s presidency

QUEBEC — In the end, Donald Trump’s presidency has lasted longer than Loto-Quebec’s plan to accept bets on its outcome.

Just one day after inviting players to make wagers on whether Trump would still be U.S. president after May 1, 2018 on its Mise-o-jeu platform, the provincial Crown corporation cancelled the bet on Thursday.

The Couillard government says it asked the provincial Crown corporation to rescind the bet.

Audrey Cloutier, a spokeswoman for Quebec Finance Minister Carlo Leitao, says the lottery corporation understood its position that the subject was a sensitive topic.

Anyone who placed bets would be reimbursed, she added.

The wager was supposed to be the latest foray into political betting for the Loto-Quebec, which also accepted bets on the outcome of last year’s U.S. presidential election.

A spokesman said the U.S. election betting set a record for the corporation as its most popular non-sporting bet of all time.

The Canadian Press

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….……………………………The_Quebec_Book_cover_Promo_small

Would you like to support a project based right here in Quebec?

This book is being co-authored by two people who are passionate about Quebec and everything it has to offer. One of the authors moved to the region some years ago while the other was born and raised in Quebec.

The Québec Book is a unique guide for anyone interested in learning about Quebec culture and the language spoken here. You could be someone visiting Québec, planning to move to Québec, or already living here. Or maybe you’re a native English speaker, a native French speaker, or a speaker of any other language for that matter.

Pre-Order The Québec Book Now and Receive a Bonus!

Categories: International, News

About Author

Write a Comment

Only registered users can comment.