Man pleads guilty to threatening alleged Quebec mosque shooter

Man pleads guilty to threatening alleged Quebec mosque shooter

QUEBEC — A man pleaded guilty Thursday to uttering death threats against Alexandre Bissonnette, the Quebecer charged with first-degree murder in the mosque shootings earlier this year.

Mohamed-Amine Ben-Faras, 33, told members of Quebec City’s Muslim community he is the nephew of Azzedine Soufiane, one of the six men shot to death in January.

The Crown withdrew a charge of uttering threats against Bissonnette’s family.

Ben-Faras told the judge he arrived in Quebec from London and headed to the mosque to try to understand the circumstances surrounding the shooting deaths.

He admitted to threatening Bissonnette and said he was very angry.

He will be sentenced on Friday afternoon.

Bissonnette faces six charges of first-degree murder and five of attempted murder using a restricted firearm.

His case will return to court May 29.

The Canadian Press

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….……………………………The_Quebec_Book_cover_Promo_small

Would you like to support a project based right here in Quebec?

This book is being co-authored by two people who are passionate about Quebec and everything it has to offer. One of the authors moved to the region some years ago while the other was born and raised in Quebec.

The Québec Book is a unique guide for anyone interested in learning about Quebec culture and the language spoken here. You could be someone visiting Québec, planning to move to Québec, or already living here. Or maybe you’re a native English speaker, a native French speaker, or a speaker of any other language for that matter.

Pre-Order The Québec Book Now and Receive a Bonus!

Categories: News

About Author

Write a Comment

Only registered users can comment.