Many of the kids affected by mosque shooting back in school: board
QUEBEC — A psychologist with a Quebec City school board says many of the children whose fathers died or were wounded in last week’s mosque shooting have returned to class.
Marie-Joel Sinclair says in her school board alone, eight students lost a dad, two lost an uncle, while the fathers of four were injured.
Money is also being raised from across the country to help the children of the six men who were murdered on Sunday at the mosque.
Reyhana Patel of Islamic Relief Canada says her organization has raised more than $100,000 since Monday, with the money to be distributed to the families affected by the tragedy.
Patel says members of her team will meet with the mosque’s directors in the coming days and weeks to come up with ideas on how to help the children, such as starting college funds.
Mosque vice-president Mohamed Labidi says the six victims, aged between 39 and 60, left behind 17 children.
Alexandre Bissonnette, 27, was arrested Sunday night following the massacre in which 19 people were also wounded. He has been charged with six counts of first-degree murder and five of attempted murder.
The Canadian Press
Write a Comment
Only registered users can comment.